Bench Transformation

We always seem to need more seating during Mommy Happy Hours and when we have guests over, so I have been keeping an eye out for something fun for our living room. My first thought was a pair of Moroccan poufs. But they are hundreds of dollars each, and I would like to save that money for another project. When I saw this antique bench on Craigslist.org I knew it would be fun a project.
before
after
 Process:
1. Sand, prime, and paint 
2. Remove grimy old cushion. Stretch new fabric over and attach to the back using a staple gun. Place cushion back on bench. That's it! 

I'm not totally sold on the fabric, but it will be very easy to change according to my ever evolving design preferences. It's fun to throw in some trendy prints such as this Ikat-ish one from Premier Prints when it's so inexpensive and easy to switch up.

Speaking of fabrics, Centsational Girl - LOVE Centsational Girl's ideas - is hosting a fabulous giveaway through Tuesday. She's giving away 5 stacks of 5 yards of fabric from Waverly. They have some really cool new prints. Click here for the giveaway.
Description: Bench Transformation
Rating: 4.5
Reviewed by: Imam Baihaqi
On: 2:42 PM
TOP